Cycling · Clothing
Choosing the right cycling clothingCycling gear should be fit for purpose and a good fit for you. Selecting the right gear is the difference between a comfortable ride and unnecessary endurance. It's important that you find the right fit for your body, intensity level and the conditions you cycle in.
Cycling gear fitThere is a correlation between intensity and fit, that's why adidas offer three levels of fit across both genders:
- RacePlus Fit: is for cyclists who ride to race. These aerodynamically designed, race-oriented garments offer compressive fit with snug contours that fit the body like a second skin. Folds and creases are eliminated for a streamlined, chafe-free ride.
- Race Fit: is for cyclists who ride to train. These fitted designs for the endurance-oriented are closely contoured against the body, perfect for long hours in the saddle.
- Sport Fit: is for cyclists who ride to work and for the joy of it. Comfort is essential, so these recreation-oriented designs offer a looser, slim fit that closely fits the body.
Cycling gear materialsMaterials are a science in cycling and adidas leads the way with these proprietary fibers, engineered to keep you cool or warm without unnecessary bulk or weight:
- Climachill fabrics: are highly breathable. They keep you cool and dry by quickly transporting moisture away from the body.
- Climaheat fabrics: trap heat in special hollow fibers that also draw moisture away from the body, so you can ride warm and dry for longer.
- Lightweight stretch materials: offer close-fitting comfort.